uKit is logically divided into two parts where you can work on your website — Dashboard and Builder.
Whenever you log in to your account, you see all your activity in one place with your uKit Dashboard. From here, you can manage your websites and perform the following actions:
1. See the list of all your websites and create new. Selecting a different one from this website list will change all the Dashboard information to reflect that website.
2. Proceed to editing of the selected website.
3. Publish the website.
From the lower part of the Dashboard you can:
1. Manage payments and view payment history.
2. Buy a custom domain or connect an existing one, as well as manage domain settings.
3. Connect Google Analytics and view visitor statistics.
4. Use our Promotion tool to analyze how well your website is optimized for search engines. From here you can also verify your website with Google Search Console and make it show up on Google Maps.
5. Make your website not visible to public.
6. Contact the Support Team.
The uKit Builder is the place where you can customize and edit your website. From here, you can customize images, texts, rearrange blocks, change color schemes, add new elements, preview the website on different devices, and more.
All the changes are made on the left menu. It also offers the options to undo and redo actions, create a backup, publish the website, and switch back to Dashboard.
To change your current design, open Builder and proceed to Design > Change design.
You will be redirected to the page with the list of designs.
Here, just choose the desired template and click on the Change button. The change will be made automatically and you won’t lose any of the info that you’ve already added on your pages.
Every element of the website is responsive, it adapts to the screen resolution of the device on which it is viewed. To see how your website will look on different types of devices, navigate to Builder > Preview.
On the page that will appear, in the top left corner, you can select devices and screen orientations.
The number of menu entries that are displayed before the "More tab" depends on the resolution of the device's screen, as well as the length of the menu entry's title.
You can arrange your pages in hierarchies by selecting a top level page for your other pages. For example, like this:
Click on the navigation menu at the top of the screen to open its settings.
There are 2 ways to create sub-pages:
1. On the left menu, drag a page underneath and to the right of another page.
2. Choose the item you want to nest and specify the top level page.
Publish your website to apply the changes.
1. From the Site Pages section on the left, create a page you want.
2. Specify the name in the Settings.
3. Hover your mouse over the Navigation bar and click on it. On the left panel with editing settings, remove the corresponding menu item which has been automatically created for the new page.
4. Now that the page has been excluded from the navigation, you can put the link to it from any part of your website. To do so, place a Button, an Image, or a Text phrase to the desired location and link the page to it.
You can stop search engines from indexing specific pages of your website, except the Home page. This will be useful if, for example, you don’t want the web crawlers to visit your website and collect information before its due time.
To activate this feature, open the Site Pages section on the left panel, click on the gear icon and select the SEO tab.
Hover your mouse over the Navigation bar and click on it. On the left panel with editing settings, activate the Fix the menu on top feature.
After the fixed menu has been activated, you can further delve into its settings to set up its background color and opacity.
Click on the feedback form to open its settings. From the left menu, you can customize the default form's settings:
1. Turn on/off the display of the title
2. Configure the form's fields
3. Change the message displayed after sending
4. Set up the email address where to forward the visitors' feedback to
5. Edit the field names
If you don't want your blog posts to be showed in full on the blog frontpage, you can divide the posts and include a Read More delimeter.
1. Click the place where you would like to split the posts's text
To change the widget’s width, place Space or Separator (located under the Structure tab) next to it. Hover the mouse cursor over the widget you would like to resize. A colored border should appear around the sides of the widget.
Grab the border and drag out or inwards.
To set the height of the widget, click on it and adjust the height with the resize button at the bottom of the widget.
Anchor links, or "page jumps", take visitors to a specific location on the same page. Anchor links are usually used within one pager websites where each menu entry takes you to the specified spot within the same single page.
Such anchor links can be set up with a Heading widget from the left menu of the Builder:
1. Place the necessary headings on the webpage.
2. Open the link settings.
3. Under the Site Pages tab, choose the name of the current page and click on the + (plus) near it to see the list with anchor options.
Now your button will scroll to the specified anchor.
A table can be created with the help of the Price List widget.
Place the widget to the desired area of the website and click on it to enable editing. There you can change column names, rearrange rows, create new fields, enter descriptions, and add buttons.
There is the possibility to enable/disable widgets in website’s header and footer. For that, hover over the Header or Footer block and click on the gear icon.
If you don't want to see social media icons, a gallery, or other elements at the top/bottom of your pages, just deactivate the corresponding field in the settings.
If you need to apply more advanced changes, contact our Support Team.
Pick the image you want to change and click the Сrop button:
Highlight the desired area of the image with a frame and then confirm:
First of all, select the element or text you want to link to. Next, click on the Link button that will appear above the element or text you highlighted.
In the window that will appear, set up the page where the element or text will link to. It can be an external page or a page of your website. Also, you can specify where the linked page will be opened, in the current window or in a new one.
If the Link button does not appear, it means that the element or text can't be made clickable.
While editing your website, open the Design tab and change the color scheme:
The Pro Plan grants you access to creating your custom color schemes:
To add a social media widget to your website, go to the Builder tab from the left sidebar menu, then proceed to Widgets > Social. Grab the widget and place it to the desired area on your website.
Unfortunately, you cannot change the font as it is preconfigured by the design you are using. However, you can switch design to the one with suitable fonts.